As many as 107 Vietnamese were found illegally entering the country via northern Ha Giang provinces Meo Vac district that borders China from September 15-18, according to the border guard station of Xin Cai Commune.


On September 15, authorities detected two groups of 20 people entering the border three hours apart. One day later, three more groups with 40 people were also spotted. The remainder entered Vietnam on September 17-18. Most of them were guided by a third party.


These groups took advantage of the rain, mist, and low temperature in Meo Vac, partially caused by the impact of Storm Noul, to enter Vietnam, authorities said.


As the labourers had gone to work illegally in China, they were not eligible for the programme that brings Vietnamese citizens home from COVID-19 affected areas.


All the illegal entrants have been put under quarantine in line with COVID-19 prevention and control regulations. Many had expected to be quarantined upon their return, entering Vietnam regardless of the time of day, said Nguyen Van Chung, deputy political officer of the Xin Cai border guard station.

 

Meo Vac district has seen the highest number of illegal entries from China out of the entire border length of Ha Giang since the beginning of this year, with about 3,000 out of more than 3,500 illegal migrants detected in the province so far this year, border guards said.


Individuals in China often cooperate with accomplices in Vietnam to illegally bring people across the border, mainly for work, provincial officials said.


Vietnam had closed its borders and suspended international flights since late March to prevent COVID-19. The government just gave permission for resuming flights to several Asian destinations this month.


Source: https://vietnamtimes.org.vn

\n

Over 100 Vietnamese return home illegally from China


As many as 107 Vietnamese were found illegally entering the country via northern Ha Giang provinces Meo Vac district that borders China from September 15-18, according to the border guard station of Xin Cai Commune.


On September 15, authorities detected two groups of 20 people entering the border three hours apart. One day later, three more groups with 40 people were also spotted. The remainder entered Vietnam on September 17-18. Most of them were guided by a third party.


These groups took advantage of the rain, mist, and low temperature in Meo Vac, partially caused by the impact of Storm Noul, to enter Vietnam, authorities said.


As the labourers had gone to work illegally in China, they were not eligible for the programme that brings Vietnamese citizens home from COVID-19 affected areas.


All the illegal entrants have been put under quarantine in line with COVID-19 prevention and control regulations. Many had expected to be quarantined upon their return, entering Vietnam regardless of the time of day, said Nguyen Van Chung, deputy political officer of the Xin Cai border guard station.

 

Meo Vac district has seen the highest number of illegal entries from China out of the entire border length of Ha Giang since the beginning of this year, with about 3,000 out of more than 3,500 illegal migrants detected in the province so far this year, border guards said.


Individuals in China often cooperate with accomplices in Vietnam to illegally bring people across the border, mainly for work, provincial officials said.


Vietnam had closed its borders and suspended international flights since late March to prevent COVID-19. The government just gave permission for resuming flights to several Asian destinations this month.


Source: https://vietnamtimes.org.vn

\n

No comments:

Post a Comment