An 82-year-old Chinese woman and her 64-year-old daughter have survived being stuck in a broken lift for four days by collecting and drinking each other's urine.


The pair were using the elevator built inside their four-storey house to go upstairs when the machine suddenly stopped working, reported Chinese media.


Without any tools around, they gathered the liquid waste by cupping their hands together while the other was urinating before drinking it to stay hydrated.


They were finally rescued by firefighters in Chinas north-western province Shaanxi after living in survival mode for 96 hours. 


The incident came to light after the mother and daughter had recently been discharged from the Gaoxin Hospital in the city of Xian following full recoveries.


The pensioner and her daughter were home by themselves when they took the in-house lift to the second floor for a shower, according to reports.


After the machine broke down, they became stuck in the elevator and had no means of seeking help without carrying a phone.


To survive with no food or water, the pair collected and drank each others urine with hands.


Dr Yin, who treated the women, told Pear Video: The mother stood on her daughter's shoulders and used her fist to break the light above their heads. 


'She then pulled out the iron wire inside the light bulb and used it to open a small gap between the lift doors.


They would take turns to breathe the fresh air from the gap, said the medic.


The mother and daughter miraculously survived being trapped in the malfunctioned machine for four days and three nights while living on the other persons urine.


On the fourth day, the daughter finally managed to climb out of the lift through a wider gap after they prised the lift doors and called for help, according to Shaanxi Television.


They were rushed to the Xian hospital after firefighters were called to the house and rescued them.


Dr Yi said that the mother and daughter would not have survived without drinking the urine.


She added: We know that urine contains mostly water. Although it has some toxins, it can still be used to sustain life temporarily.


The mother and daughter have been discharged from the facility after fully recovering, according to the medics.







\n

Chinese Mother and her daughter trapped in a lift for 4 days



An 82-year-old Chinese woman and her 64-year-old daughter have survived being stuck in a broken lift for four days by collecting and drinking each other's urine.


The pair were using the elevator built inside their four-storey house to go upstairs when the machine suddenly stopped working, reported Chinese media.


Without any tools around, they gathered the liquid waste by cupping their hands together while the other was urinating before drinking it to stay hydrated.


They were finally rescued by firefighters in Chinas north-western province Shaanxi after living in survival mode for 96 hours. 


The incident came to light after the mother and daughter had recently been discharged from the Gaoxin Hospital in the city of Xian following full recoveries.


The pensioner and her daughter were home by themselves when they took the in-house lift to the second floor for a shower, according to reports.


After the machine broke down, they became stuck in the elevator and had no means of seeking help without carrying a phone.


To survive with no food or water, the pair collected and drank each others urine with hands.


Dr Yin, who treated the women, told Pear Video: The mother stood on her daughter's shoulders and used her fist to break the light above their heads. 


'She then pulled out the iron wire inside the light bulb and used it to open a small gap between the lift doors.


They would take turns to breathe the fresh air from the gap, said the medic.


The mother and daughter miraculously survived being trapped in the malfunctioned machine for four days and three nights while living on the other persons urine.


On the fourth day, the daughter finally managed to climb out of the lift through a wider gap after they prised the lift doors and called for help, according to Shaanxi Television.


They were rushed to the Xian hospital after firefighters were called to the house and rescued them.


Dr Yi said that the mother and daughter would not have survived without drinking the urine.


She added: We know that urine contains mostly water. Although it has some toxins, it can still be used to sustain life temporarily.


The mother and daughter have been discharged from the facility after fully recovering, according to the medics.







\n

No comments:

Post a Comment